On Data Protection and Privacy
At this page you can find extended information about privacy and your data rights, our data protection policy and relevant privacy notices.
As a European company, we (HK House of Knowledge, 10360378Q, or HK) are governed by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). However, students and prospects applying with us to programmes of Heriot-Watt University, Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, or Programme and Project Management preparation programme to IPMA certification are also governed by applicable legislations of these institutions. Together they enshrine the principles of transparency and accountability to individuals about how we use their personal data.
There is a series of Privacy Notices for:
- Current students and of HK programmes
- Current and Prospective students of Heriot-Watt University
- Current and Prospective students of CIPS programmes
- All stakeholders and users of HK platform and resources
All of the Privacy Notices follow the principles and provide readers with the following information:
- Who is the Data Controller
- What personal information collected and used
- Why your personal data collected and used
- Who your information may be shared with and why
- International data transfers
- How long your personal data is kept
- Your rights (including relevant contact details)
Where appropriate, we also provide details of the legal basis for our processing of personal data.